Skip to main content

VG14. Beautiful Charting by Kathy Fabian

Hello Dear Readers,

This Saturday I decided to do charting.  I had been contacting the support team at Google for a problem about my balance.  I wanted to use my balance on Google Play to pay for a membership with Gliffy flow charts or Mindmeister Mind Maps.  It turned out you need to pay for Gliffy only with a credit card.  And Mindmaster could be bought with the Google Chrome store.  The Google Play store was a different kettle of fish.  I had put on $100.00 on Google play and I could not transfer it in any way to use for either of these mapping programs.

I must have been on the phone for five hours trying to figure out how to pay with the Google Play points.  One hundred dollars is a lot of money and I had it budgeted for the mind mapping.  I did not want to buy anything else, no matter how seductive.  Anyways finally I realized they have a  whole lot of gift cards you can buy with the points so the money will be used and on budget.  Like I said,it took a while to figure out what to do.

and as I was figuring out my problem I got a good look at the hand made charts that are all over the Rose Gallery which is also my living space.  the more I discussed the problem the seedy they looked.  So Saturday I decided to devote my studio time to making attractive organigrammes to help my business strategy and decorate my office.

I tried Mindmeister Mind Mapping first.  God knows, I had been on the site a hundred times the past week so everything was up to date concerning password etc.  They have a pretty nice selection of templates and also a library of mind maps to look at for inspiration.  My eye was caught by a German mind map, a company diagram in black, grey and yellow.  I couldn't download it to use but they had a template with similar colors and in no time at all I had the template to start my mind map.

The first one would be about a Sales Funnel.  The colors would be black, yellow and grey. These are not the color of my room but you are not supposed to match art with the room anyways (at least in terms of colors). Art should stand on its own. By the way, the colors of the Rose Room is of course, rose-pink and this year I added purple accents.  I just got a lovely purple duvet cover with two matching pillows. All the furniture is polished wood of various shades and varieties.

The Sales Funnel mind map came together quite effortlessly.  I had a Sales Funnel partly done with yellow post it notes so the starting information had been already written down.  It was a pleasure to make the whole thing more attractive.  I worked a lot on this on Saturday, then Sunday.  I was going to take it to the printer on Monday but I saw there was a lot more stuff to add.  I will wait until next week.  On the other hand, maybe I will do a little work tomorrow.  I had a good time doing the chart so why not sneak in a little work if possible.  I don't know if I can because I have some homework for the Stella Orange course on creative writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

vg1. Introducing Val Gal by Kathy Fabian

September 9, 2015 In the romantic novels the artist goes way up to his tiny attic on the very top of his house to create and be free.  Sometimes it has a great view of Paris.  Or sometimes the person is a writer who creates great novels and ideas. They both seal themselves from the rest of the world to do great things.  Well why not imitate?   I live in a woman's residence in a very small room. When I first arrived I imagined it as a womb.  A creative womb in which I would heal and rest and create great art.  I would sit on the bed cross yoga position with hands on my legs and look out the window and the blue sky. I would imagine I meditated.   I would imagine I was one with the blue sky. Well years have gone by and I no longer think of the room as a womb.  It became a small and impoverished cell for a while and then my imagination took over again.  I thought of it much like that attic. So now it is my studio in which I develop and frame the photographs that I create.  I ha

V24. Sparkling for the Celebrations. New Vintage Jewelry

Superstitious?  What kind of rituals do you follow for good luck?  For myself, I like to take advantage of special times to see if I can reap good fortune.  For example, if I have something important to organize I am likely to do it on a Holiday or on Sunday. So planning this week's Studio work was a no brainer.  I had recently received a large amount of old jewelry from an estate. The choicer pieces had long gone and these were left.  They were supposed to be unsellable.  So I asked how they were organized. I said if you give almost them to me, I will organize them for you in the proper way.  But I was given them instead. The owner felt they were just cluttering up the house.  Luckily I have my jewelry collection. To get them they had to be quickly boxed and taken off the premises.  But once I brought them home, there was no time to organize them anymore because of the Holiday Preparations.  So this Saturday I took some time to clean the antique jewelery and to put them pro

v10 Happy Thanksgiving, Construction sites, Autumn Days and Muses. By Kathy Fabian

Happy Thanksgiving to All! I hope you enjoyed your day and will look forward to many things to give thanks for until the next Thanksgiving. Get the exquisite image on this blog post.  Custom Made!   You Deserve the Luxury. And you support the Artist. Write  kfabian.kathynotes@gmail.com   for inquiries.    The leaves are brightly colored outside.  And the days sunny. So I went into my archives to find some images with splendid autumn foliage.  Saturday I reserved for studio work .  I had been tidying up my collection of muses and had a few lovely ladies ready to star in my photographic extravaganzas.  The final element was the inclusion of the very expensive, very evident presence of construction in the neighborhood. I had a lot of autumn pictures but I wanted to showcase technology and machines.  As luck would have it we were having some road repair done right outside our house.  And voila I had the tree elements with very little trouble;  Construction sites, beautiful