Skip to main content

vg28 Chocolate Rain and Putting Away the Dog

Studio Work Saturday:

Morning

Saturday I usually go thrifting but the store was closed that day.  I had gone to the pharmacy on Boxing Day and the place was in a chocolate frenzy.  The chocolate had been slashed to half price and people were running around with tons of chocolate.  There were lots of people and they were spending like crazy.  So much chocolate did some customers have, I thought they would die soon from chocolate overdose.

I had gone to the pharmacy for a completely other reason. I just watched the people go for the candy and left. But the experience haunted me.  I had met Jane Fonda pretty recently and she had had one of her most lavish dreams granted.  Just like me, she was told to eat chocolates when she had no energy.  And like me, because chocolates make you fat, she bought the cheapest chocolates she could find.

I don't meet her often. But when I met her again she said when it comes to chocolates quality does matter too. She had a wet dream: she imagined that she had a giant dispenser of the finest Lindt chocolates that reached the ceiling.  With this she could have as much chocolates as she wanted: and all paid for.   Believe or not, she got her wish granted.

Now I am thinking of the madness at the pharmacy and Jane Fonda's chocolate.  i am also disliking my cheap cookies.  Sometimes really badly. And to top it off, the thrift shop is closed this Saturday. The pharmacy is at the corner. And even though its three days after the chocolate frenzy day, I figure there might be some chocolates left.  Maybe.  So Saturday I loaded up on some chocolates in the morning.

When I got home I had to clean my cookie jar and throw out some of the more offensive cookies.  And then I filled it as much as it went with the chocolates I bought that day.  So all this took a lot of time.  So much time I took the hair dryer to try to dry the cookie jar faster so the chocolates could go in.

Suffice it to say this all took a lot of time for Saturday.

Saturday Afternoon and Evening

I had not been able to get to the two Val Gal pieces I wanted to change during the week.  I had been organizing my drawings so that they would be as compact as possible. And I had been entering them online.  I have a problem with organizing so this took up a lot of time on studio day.  I had hoped to at least finish this before getting on to any other work.  By the time the evening came, there was still a lot to do.

But the new year had started and the hall was looking a little too Christmasy for my taste.  Its important to get down the holiday stuff at our house.  So I left the drawings alone and on Sunday started to take the most seasonal work down and put up something that would be appropriate to greet the New Year.

I had a print of a little boxer with a bow-tie under the mistletoe.  He is waiting for his kiss.  He was the first Holiday season image up and I wanted him down before the weekend ended.  I am filming all my work. The images I had of the dog were not strong so I took advantage of the situation to do some pretty good studio filming with the right light and the proper camera.  I also filmed the Holiday Season Ornament by itself.

I replaced the image with  a very successful work called "the Ballerina and Time".  This work immediately attracted some positive feedback from the ladies on the floor.  Someone asked me how long it took to make this image.  To my own surprise, I had to tell her that the conceptualization of this particular work took literally a couple of years to do.

the Ballerina and Time is a photographic collage done by myself.  I had a beautiful photo I took of a classic diamond watch with a metal strap.  It was a round shape.  I also had in my collection a photo of a ballerina working a the bar.  So I combined the two with very satisfying results.  And the ballerina, fresh and pink, represented very appropriately the start of a and brand new year.

Conclusion:

Although I had set a goal of completing two images for the Val Gal I only did one.  There was simply too much unfinished work that had to be organized.  This week I am going to work on finishing my tasks so that next studio work day I can focus on more art work and less of the other stuff.

Having said that, I was able to enter quite a few new works online.  And everything is organized for one sketchbook of works. they have been finished, signed, dated and organized both on and off line. So that was a good feeling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

vg1. Introducing Val Gal by Kathy Fabian

September 9, 2015 In the romantic novels the artist goes way up to his tiny attic on the very top of his house to create and be free.  Sometimes it has a great view of Paris.  Or sometimes the person is a writer who creates great novels and ideas. They both seal themselves from the rest of the world to do great things.  Well why not imitate?   I live in a woman's residence in a very small room. When I first arrived I imagined it as a womb.  A creative womb in which I would heal and rest and create great art.  I would sit on the bed cross yoga position with hands on my legs and look out the window and the blue sky. I would imagine I meditated.   I would imagine I was one with the blue sky. Well years have gone by and I no longer think of the room as a womb.  It became a small and impoverished cell for a while and then my imagination took over again.  I thought of it much like that attic. So now it is my studio in which I develop and frame the photographs that I create.  I ha

V24. Sparkling for the Celebrations. New Vintage Jewelry

Superstitious?  What kind of rituals do you follow for good luck?  For myself, I like to take advantage of special times to see if I can reap good fortune.  For example, if I have something important to organize I am likely to do it on a Holiday or on Sunday. So planning this week's Studio work was a no brainer.  I had recently received a large amount of old jewelry from an estate. The choicer pieces had long gone and these were left.  They were supposed to be unsellable.  So I asked how they were organized. I said if you give almost them to me, I will organize them for you in the proper way.  But I was given them instead. The owner felt they were just cluttering up the house.  Luckily I have my jewelry collection. To get them they had to be quickly boxed and taken off the premises.  But once I brought them home, there was no time to organize them anymore because of the Holiday Preparations.  So this Saturday I took some time to clean the antique jewelery and to put them pro

v10 Happy Thanksgiving, Construction sites, Autumn Days and Muses. By Kathy Fabian

Happy Thanksgiving to All! I hope you enjoyed your day and will look forward to many things to give thanks for until the next Thanksgiving. Get the exquisite image on this blog post.  Custom Made!   You Deserve the Luxury. And you support the Artist. Write  kfabian.kathynotes@gmail.com   for inquiries.    The leaves are brightly colored outside.  And the days sunny. So I went into my archives to find some images with splendid autumn foliage.  Saturday I reserved for studio work .  I had been tidying up my collection of muses and had a few lovely ladies ready to star in my photographic extravaganzas.  The final element was the inclusion of the very expensive, very evident presence of construction in the neighborhood. I had a lot of autumn pictures but I wanted to showcase technology and machines.  As luck would have it we were having some road repair done right outside our house.  And voila I had the tree elements with very little trouble;  Construction sites, beautiful