Skip to main content

VG33. Finishing the Artwork Series of the Madonna Collection. by Kathy Vivian Fabian

February 14, 2016


(To see how I am working on these sketches scroll down to the Saturday morning section of this article)


I had been doing a fair amount of creative work in the week so Saturday I did a lot of organizing. The Art Moi Inventory app is getting easier to use. This encouraged me to really start finishing the Madonna Collection.  The Madonna Collection is a series of photographs and sketches that span several decades.  The Madonna Artworks were created in the 1980's but were never finished.  The Madonna photographs are being created right now.  This is what I was working on during the week.

The Madonna artworks are mostly in black and white and were created during the musical era of Blondie and Madonna. This is when the two stunning women were much in the limelight.  They were also very much competitive in both music and physical appearance.  This is also a time when I decided to follow the art scene full time. It was my pleasure to finish the sketches on Saturday.

Saturday Morning

Right after breakfast I took the sketches downstairs to the large table where I could work on them more comfortably.  The art is in fairly good condition but it was made on the fly, when  was traveling to and from the performances by bus.  Although they were hidden somewhere in a big bag they were properly protected in sketchpads.  Well almost.  The art was created in a very insecure situation so there was a lot of refining of the works to be done.  Some stains had to be removed. Some art was slightly damaged and had to be repaired.  There were a couple that were not good and I got rid of them.

When this was done, I started giving them titles, signing them and dating them.  The titles are in English for now.  Because I often go through the works it is most practical to have the titles on the front, on top.  But the works are for an international market so the titles are written in pencil and can easily be erased.  I also have, next to the titles a code that indicates where they are in my collections.

Once this done, I have been grouping them according to subjects and whether they are horizontal or vertical. Finally I have been entering them in the inventory program.  This involves filming them.  and then cataloguing them.  I am very relieved, for now, to find a free art Inventory program.

Finally when that is done, I put them into a sketch book binder.  This is made up of the outside covers of old sketchbooks that I bind up with hand made paper binding.  And this is put into my archives one by one.  then I go onto the next group or artworks to finish.

The film that is at the beginning of this article is a compilation of art that I created in the 1980's with a theme of Plants and Animals.  A print of each of the art shown in this film is available for $120.00 each.  Inquire at www.facebook.com/theartfabiancompany or at kfabian.kathynotes@gmail.com.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

vg1. Introducing Val Gal by Kathy Fabian

September 9, 2015 In the romantic novels the artist goes way up to his tiny attic on the very top of his house to create and be free.  Sometimes it has a great view of Paris.  Or sometimes the person is a writer who creates great novels and ideas. They both seal themselves from the rest of the world to do great things.  Well why not imitate?   I live in a woman's residence in a very small room. When I first arrived I imagined it as a womb.  A creative womb in which I would heal and rest and create great art.  I would sit on the bed cross yoga position with hands on my legs and look out the window and the blue sky. I would imagine I meditated.   I would imagine I was one with the blue sky. Well years have gone by and I no longer think of the room as a womb.  It became a small and impoverished cell for a while and then my imagination took over again.  I thought of it much like that attic. So now it is my studio in which I develop and frame the photographs that I create.  I ha

V24. Sparkling for the Celebrations. New Vintage Jewelry

Superstitious?  What kind of rituals do you follow for good luck?  For myself, I like to take advantage of special times to see if I can reap good fortune.  For example, if I have something important to organize I am likely to do it on a Holiday or on Sunday. So planning this week's Studio work was a no brainer.  I had recently received a large amount of old jewelry from an estate. The choicer pieces had long gone and these were left.  They were supposed to be unsellable.  So I asked how they were organized. I said if you give almost them to me, I will organize them for you in the proper way.  But I was given them instead. The owner felt they were just cluttering up the house.  Luckily I have my jewelry collection. To get them they had to be quickly boxed and taken off the premises.  But once I brought them home, there was no time to organize them anymore because of the Holiday Preparations.  So this Saturday I took some time to clean the antique jewelery and to put them pro

v10 Happy Thanksgiving, Construction sites, Autumn Days and Muses. By Kathy Fabian

Happy Thanksgiving to All! I hope you enjoyed your day and will look forward to many things to give thanks for until the next Thanksgiving. Get the exquisite image on this blog post.  Custom Made!   You Deserve the Luxury. And you support the Artist. Write  kfabian.kathynotes@gmail.com   for inquiries.    The leaves are brightly colored outside.  And the days sunny. So I went into my archives to find some images with splendid autumn foliage.  Saturday I reserved for studio work .  I had been tidying up my collection of muses and had a few lovely ladies ready to star in my photographic extravaganzas.  The final element was the inclusion of the very expensive, very evident presence of construction in the neighborhood. I had a lot of autumn pictures but I wanted to showcase technology and machines.  As luck would have it we were having some road repair done right outside our house.  And voila I had the tree elements with very little trouble;  Construction sites, beautiful