Skip to main content

vg5. Autumn Quarterley Report. Finances 2015

Finances

There has been two major shifts in the way Val Gal has been handling her affairs.

Online Kathy Fabian has been slowly going through the blogs she has written and modifying the prices.  At the beginning of the Online and real world galleries the art work had a ticket price of $100,000.00.  This was to attract a wealthy clientele and also to establish Art Fabian Co. as a top notch creator of art and art collections:  or at least stimulate conversation about the prices offered for Val Gal work.

The summer quarter has ushered in a new philosophy for Val Gal. Gone are elite prices and instead we have a very affordable range of prices that go from $120 to $500.00 for an art work depending on whether they are in or out of the Exhibition Collections. Art work that is currently part of the actual Val Gal four season exhibits have the price of $500.00.  Prints on line are $120.00 each.

Until sales improve, Art Fabian Co. executives have decided, to work on refining the prints available on line. Also prints will be added to blogs that have just text.  In this way all Art Fabian blogs posts will introduce the public to a fairly large variety of  Art Fabian Collectibles to choose from.

Although the sales record has been less than sterling there has been a donation of a new Printer.  The reason for the donation is stated to replace the old one which broke because it was under guarantee. There is also a possibility that the company has seen some of the creative work that Art Fabian Co. has done about Kodak.  It doesn't hurt to remain optimistic.

The Plan for the Autumn Quarterly:

A quarter of the fluid income that Art Fabian Co. has available will continue to be spent on work related issues.  For example, there are printer  cartridges and  paper to be bought. There will be a need for an extra cartridge or two around the beginning of December as work on the Holiday Season exhibit will start.   As much as possible will be purchased in the thrift shops around the city: archive binders, envelopes, labels, and photo paper if possible.

Each month a new frame will be improved for Val Gal.  There are some frames that need the glass replaced and some frames that need the matte board replaced. The money will be taken out of the company savings account if there is not money in the regular budget.  The company tends to spend a lot of money around the Holiday Season. So the more expensive gallery purchases will be made before December.

Also the company will start a Holiday Seasons Budget.  The Holiday Season cards are made but there are some regular and some U.S. stamps to be purchased.  These funds will be taken out of the regular budget if possible.  Once the stamps are paid for there will be the possibility of making more cards.  If any extra money comes in for some reason, the company will keep an eye on a new office chair.  EQ3 has some great light colored chairs for the office at the right price.



To sum up, the summer quarter has reaped no sales yet.  This is to be expected if the aim of Art Fabian Co. is to create a high luxury collection of art.  When the company started the statistics stated that a company with this intention can expect a normal delay of five years before it makes sales.  So the lackluster sales record of this summer is to be expected.  The company will continue to publicize a selection of prints for sale to the public.  And it will still keep a good amount of work unpublished to be developed for high income buyers.

Also Art Fabian Co. will continue to invest in Val Gal.  The ultimate aim of this expense is to complete a full easily recognizable gallery a uniform set of frames.   This will give clientele a chance to view some actual Art Fabian Collections properly framed and well presented.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

vg1. Introducing Val Gal by Kathy Fabian

September 9, 2015 In the romantic novels the artist goes way up to his tiny attic on the very top of his house to create and be free.  Sometimes it has a great view of Paris.  Or sometimes the person is a writer who creates great novels and ideas. They both seal themselves from the rest of the world to do great things.  Well why not imitate?   I live in a woman's residence in a very small room. When I first arrived I imagined it as a womb.  A creative womb in which I would heal and rest and create great art.  I would sit on the bed cross yoga position with hands on my legs and look out the window and the blue sky. I would imagine I meditated.   I would imagine I was one with the blue sky. Well years have gone by and I no longer think of the room as a womb.  It became a small and impoverished cell for a while and then my imagination took over again.  I thought of it much like that attic. So now it is my studio in which I develop and frame the photographs that I create.  I ha

V24. Sparkling for the Celebrations. New Vintage Jewelry

Superstitious?  What kind of rituals do you follow for good luck?  For myself, I like to take advantage of special times to see if I can reap good fortune.  For example, if I have something important to organize I am likely to do it on a Holiday or on Sunday. So planning this week's Studio work was a no brainer.  I had recently received a large amount of old jewelry from an estate. The choicer pieces had long gone and these were left.  They were supposed to be unsellable.  So I asked how they were organized. I said if you give almost them to me, I will organize them for you in the proper way.  But I was given them instead. The owner felt they were just cluttering up the house.  Luckily I have my jewelry collection. To get them they had to be quickly boxed and taken off the premises.  But once I brought them home, there was no time to organize them anymore because of the Holiday Preparations.  So this Saturday I took some time to clean the antique jewelery and to put them pro

v10 Happy Thanksgiving, Construction sites, Autumn Days and Muses. By Kathy Fabian

Happy Thanksgiving to All! I hope you enjoyed your day and will look forward to many things to give thanks for until the next Thanksgiving. Get the exquisite image on this blog post.  Custom Made!   You Deserve the Luxury. And you support the Artist. Write  kfabian.kathynotes@gmail.com   for inquiries.    The leaves are brightly colored outside.  And the days sunny. So I went into my archives to find some images with splendid autumn foliage.  Saturday I reserved for studio work .  I had been tidying up my collection of muses and had a few lovely ladies ready to star in my photographic extravaganzas.  The final element was the inclusion of the very expensive, very evident presence of construction in the neighborhood. I had a lot of autumn pictures but I wanted to showcase technology and machines.  As luck would have it we were having some road repair done right outside our house.  And voila I had the tree elements with very little trouble;  Construction sites, beautiful