Skip to main content

vg7. Sunday. Filming in the Park

Saturday I spent my studio time filming the exhibition pieces for the new Autumn Leaves: New City 15 exhibition.  It was actually supposed to take place opening day but the camera broke so I postponed it for this week.  Saturday I just filmed the pieces because I thought I would leave the publicity stills for the Sunday.  that would give me the time to check out all the adjustments that I would need to make when I posed for the camera.

As luck would have it, however, we were having some really good filming weather.  And the last day that would be clear would be Sunday.  So I figured I would take advantage and film outside.  I wanted some poses of myself in the newly redone Lahaie park right next to our residence. I would postpone the pictures of myself with the art work for the following week.

I waited for the best light of the day which I understood was two hours after sunrise or, more appropriately for my habits, two hours before sunset.  around four thirty in the afternoon I set out for the park.

Before I left I made sure to put on some makeup.  I didn't have the energy for the foundation but I had some eyeshadow and mascara and as usual, about three layers of killer lipstick.  As I think of it now perhaps emphasizing the lipstick might not be a great idea.  I have almost no lips.  I don't why I have been emphasizing something I don't have.  perhaps its because I don't like it.  Anyways I do know lipstick makes the pictures look better.

I packed a pair of flats in my napsack in case the shoes I wore would bother me and wore my high heeled boots.  I had on me a pair of grey-green khaki faux ski pants and a great metropolis t-shirt in greys and blacks.  (It has a picture of a high rise city I believe somewhere in the future).  My jewels consisted of a pretty decent sapphire diamond choker and a boss exaggerated pink stone set in silver.  Also a pair of silver studded bow-shape earring.  On the way out I threw in all the makeup into the back pack plus a loose powder for shine.  My regular purse also went into the backpack so that I could concentrate on carefully handling the new tripod and the Nikon camera.  The jewels didn't really match but then a little New Wave rage would be fine.  Not too much.  Just a touch.

Hair is really short but I made sure to put in a fair amount of styling mousse to emphasize the bangs.  I put on my signature burgundy faux leather aviator jacket. And off I went.

From a distance the park looked like it was all dark but the Nikon is a professional camera and I thought the pictures would come clear enough to work out the problems on computer.  There was the lady who did Tarot cards all set up in her regular place. And right next to her was a free picnic table.
Next to the table was one of the giant sculptures in the park.  Half of it was in light. Half of it was in dark.  the sun was also in that direction but I had a setting for that on the Nikon.  Up went the tripod.  I put on the ten second timer.  And charged to the sculpture several times for a pose.  I had to guess a lot because I couldn't see very much of my facial expression on the camera when I checked to refine the shoots.  All I know is that I am having trouble setting my expression in a elegant smile and I also have time to even begin to know how to arrange the body posture.  Lets hope for the best when I get the photographs on the computer screen.

I did another picnic table to get pictures of me next to a flower garden in the middle of the walking paths. It was not a perfect situation in the park as some of the grass was corded up to be sprayed. Finally I set up on one of the park benches next to the fountain to get a picture of me in an arched doorway next to a huge pot of flowers. I was getting tired and it was getting near supper time so I called it a day.

Just before I stopped  I did manage to see a little more of my facial expression.  It looked rather grim: no smile.  I hope its just that one shot.  I am supposed to be giving a Mona Lisa smile  but maybe I will have to do more shots.  the last few shots I really gave a bigger grin.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

vg1. Introducing Val Gal by Kathy Fabian

September 9, 2015 In the romantic novels the artist goes way up to his tiny attic on the very top of his house to create and be free.  Sometimes it has a great view of Paris.  Or sometimes the person is a writer who creates great novels and ideas. They both seal themselves from the rest of the world to do great things.  Well why not imitate?   I live in a woman's residence in a very small room. When I first arrived I imagined it as a womb.  A creative womb in which I would heal and rest and create great art.  I would sit on the bed cross yoga position with hands on my legs and look out the window and the blue sky. I would imagine I meditated.   I would imagine I was one with the blue sky. Well years have gone by and I no longer think of the room as a womb.  It became a small and impoverished cell for a while and then my imagination took over again.  I thought of it much like that attic. So now it is my studio in which I develop and frame the photographs that I create.  I ha

V24. Sparkling for the Celebrations. New Vintage Jewelry

Superstitious?  What kind of rituals do you follow for good luck?  For myself, I like to take advantage of special times to see if I can reap good fortune.  For example, if I have something important to organize I am likely to do it on a Holiday or on Sunday. So planning this week's Studio work was a no brainer.  I had recently received a large amount of old jewelry from an estate. The choicer pieces had long gone and these were left.  They were supposed to be unsellable.  So I asked how they were organized. I said if you give almost them to me, I will organize them for you in the proper way.  But I was given them instead. The owner felt they were just cluttering up the house.  Luckily I have my jewelry collection. To get them they had to be quickly boxed and taken off the premises.  But once I brought them home, there was no time to organize them anymore because of the Holiday Preparations.  So this Saturday I took some time to clean the antique jewelery and to put them pro

v10 Happy Thanksgiving, Construction sites, Autumn Days and Muses. By Kathy Fabian

Happy Thanksgiving to All! I hope you enjoyed your day and will look forward to many things to give thanks for until the next Thanksgiving. Get the exquisite image on this blog post.  Custom Made!   You Deserve the Luxury. And you support the Artist. Write  kfabian.kathynotes@gmail.com   for inquiries.    The leaves are brightly colored outside.  And the days sunny. So I went into my archives to find some images with splendid autumn foliage.  Saturday I reserved for studio work .  I had been tidying up my collection of muses and had a few lovely ladies ready to star in my photographic extravaganzas.  The final element was the inclusion of the very expensive, very evident presence of construction in the neighborhood. I had a lot of autumn pictures but I wanted to showcase technology and machines.  As luck would have it we were having some road repair done right outside our house.  And voila I had the tree elements with very little trouble;  Construction sites, beautiful