Skip to main content

vg6. Autumn Leaves; New City 2015. Filming the Exhibition Pieces

Saturday is Studio work day.  Since I had not done any photographing the opening last week, I started with the idea to film the work that is presently on display in Val Gal.  I had a brand new Optex PRT50 Summit Tripod to try out first.  The tripod was bought last Monday but I wanted to read the instructions and assemble it without breaking anything. So it stood carefully placed in its box in a corner of Rose Room.  Saturday morning was the first time I could bring myself to even attempt it.  I opened the box carefully and found no instructions.  A search on line to register the tripod bore no fruit.  the best I could was find it listed in the store products and sign up for the eletters on the store.  It said on the box, in big letters, five year guarantee, so I suppose I have to keep the store receipt.  There is no other proof of purchase.

That done I figured that I would just have to go by instinct and what I had learned to do with the other tripod.  After lunch I would film the Autumn Leaves: New City. 2015  exhibit.  Usually I film just on Sundays but I was behind schedule so I took Saturday to film just the artwork in the Corridor Gallery.  Sunday  I planned to go through the gallery again this time taking pictures of myself with the exhibit pieces.

I went downstairs and got the luggage trolley.  I had a wooden folding table and the tripod fit on it quite nicely without wobbling.  Last week I went to check out what was wrong with the tripod and found out the camera was broken and could not work properly with a tripod.  Cameras are expensive so I really didn't relish the fact of buying a new one.  Luckly my classic old Nikon Coolpix was in perfect working order at least in regards to the tripod.

I placed the camera on the tripod and the tripod on the trolley. I was a little shaky with how to use the legs which were long and had three moving pieces to adjust the height.  I eventually got all three legs equal and with the camera settings on Museum I pushed the trolley down the Hallway Gallery and took a  picture of each and every exhibition piece.  First one side, then the other.

The pictures came out fine to begin with.  I have the Sony photo app and the Windows app and with the both of them I did a fairly professional job of adjusting, straightening and cropping the images. Sony makes it easy to put the date on the pictures and I used a textbox with the Windows. to add my name. The computer adjustments are almost done and very soon the pictures will be ready to put on the social network.

I will be making some changes to some of the Corridor Gallery pieces.  When new ones come in I will film them individually.  Next Saturday I want to start on the Rose Studio Gallery work.  Monday I am going to join Gliffy charts on Google and I will be adding some beautifully colored  Art Fabio Co. organigrammes to decorate my room.à and organize my work.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

vg1. Introducing Val Gal by Kathy Fabian

September 9, 2015 In the romantic novels the artist goes way up to his tiny attic on the very top of his house to create and be free.  Sometimes it has a great view of Paris.  Or sometimes the person is a writer who creates great novels and ideas. They both seal themselves from the rest of the world to do great things.  Well why not imitate?   I live in a woman's residence in a very small room. When I first arrived I imagined it as a womb.  A creative womb in which I would heal and rest and create great art.  I would sit on the bed cross yoga position with hands on my legs and look out the window and the blue sky. I would imagine I meditated.   I would imagine I was one with the blue sky. Well years have gone by and I no longer think of the room as a womb.  It became a small and impoverished cell for a while and then my imagination took over again.  I thought of it much like that attic. So now it is my studio in which I develop and frame the photographs that I create.  I ha

V24. Sparkling for the Celebrations. New Vintage Jewelry

Superstitious?  What kind of rituals do you follow for good luck?  For myself, I like to take advantage of special times to see if I can reap good fortune.  For example, if I have something important to organize I am likely to do it on a Holiday or on Sunday. So planning this week's Studio work was a no brainer.  I had recently received a large amount of old jewelry from an estate. The choicer pieces had long gone and these were left.  They were supposed to be unsellable.  So I asked how they were organized. I said if you give almost them to me, I will organize them for you in the proper way.  But I was given them instead. The owner felt they were just cluttering up the house.  Luckily I have my jewelry collection. To get them they had to be quickly boxed and taken off the premises.  But once I brought them home, there was no time to organize them anymore because of the Holiday Preparations.  So this Saturday I took some time to clean the antique jewelery and to put them pro

v10 Happy Thanksgiving, Construction sites, Autumn Days and Muses. By Kathy Fabian

Happy Thanksgiving to All! I hope you enjoyed your day and will look forward to many things to give thanks for until the next Thanksgiving. Get the exquisite image on this blog post.  Custom Made!   You Deserve the Luxury. And you support the Artist. Write  kfabian.kathynotes@gmail.com   for inquiries.    The leaves are brightly colored outside.  And the days sunny. So I went into my archives to find some images with splendid autumn foliage.  Saturday I reserved for studio work .  I had been tidying up my collection of muses and had a few lovely ladies ready to star in my photographic extravaganzas.  The final element was the inclusion of the very expensive, very evident presence of construction in the neighborhood. I had a lot of autumn pictures but I wanted to showcase technology and machines.  As luck would have it we were having some road repair done right outside our house.  And voila I had the tree elements with very little trouble;  Construction sites, beautiful